Skip to main content

Adeptus Nutrition - Product Review

I must give a shout out to Adeptus Nutrition and Dr. Colleen Wilson. I am proud to have them as a sponsor for Tribal King but Adeptus is such a fabulous product line, you all should be using it!

Dr. Colleen has a PhD in Equine Nutrition. She has been an advocate for true horse nutrition for many years and started her own company, Adeptus Nutrition, after feeling that most companies use sub standard products and do not truly understand the true needs of horses. Her products are made from human grade ingredients in a top quality facility. She refuses to cut corners when it comes to quality.

I met Dr. Colleen when we had Iron Horse Saddlery. I was so impressed with her knowledge and ability to educate us in the value of her products and the myths and misunderstandings of many supplements that are on the market.

We carried her products in our store and I was our first customer. Since then I have been blown away by the results that I have seen. Having a store, we would get samples of supplements and having a training barn I was always happy to give them a try. But the Adeptus Products where the first product that I actually saw dramatic results. My horses gained weight, had shinier coats, and seemed to exude health.  Most results were visible within a few weeks.

My farrier can always tell when a horse has been added to the Adeptus supplement regime. Their hooves show an impressive change in growth and overall health.

My broodmares are put on the Augment and Gleam and Gain before they are bred and kept on it throughout pregnancy and while nursing. I call them my prenatal vitamins. My mares stay healthy and the foals are born huge! Even the vets have been impressed with the strength, size and viability of the foals at 48 hours.

Once the foals are starting to eat supplements, we give them Gleam and Gain, and Augment, as well as Invigor. The Invigor helps with digestion, and helps keep foals from getting that ugly hay belly.

Invigor has yeasts that feed the natural bacteria in their hind gut and keep them using their food efficiently. It is also fabulous for horses that have digestive issues, such as gas or diarrhea. I have seen amazing results in just two days with Invigor. I also give Invigor to horses after they are wormed or have been stressed. If I am traveling I give it to them the entire time we are on the road.

The Nimble Mega-Nutrient is outstanding as a joint supplement. It combines the nutritional advantages of Augment and Gleam and Gain with Nimble, the joint supplement. But what makes this even better is that it doesn't just support the joint with glucosomine, it has important ingredients that help tendons and ligaments. I have seen amazing results with horses with chronic issues as well as horses that just need a little help.

Tribal King has had one leg that he banged on the round pen several years ago. He has never been lame on it, but it has been temperamental in swelling. He has had several extensive ultrasounds and his suspensory shows scar tissue from the blow but no tears. It was unnerving to have this leg show some signs of swelling and I would often be icing him, wrapping and using many alternative therapies to keep it tight. when I started to give him the Nimble Mega-Nutrient the swelling disappeared and has not returned. He has also felt much younger overall and I know that he feels so much better throughout his whole body.

I cannot rave enough about Adeptus Nutrition. It is a staple in our barn and I recommend it to you all. If you have any questions about your horse, your feeding program and what supplements you need, call Adeptus and they will be glad to help out.  1-866-ADEPTUS (233-7887) email is info@adeptusnutrition.com,   or go to their website at www.adeptusnutrition.com

Tell them Taurie sent you!

You can also purchase Adeptus products through my website at http://www.kingscornerstables.com/quality-equestrian-products-shop/

Adeptus Nutrition is not just a sponsor, I feel that they are a integral part of Kings Corner Training Stables, and partners in my horse's overall health. So give them a try....

Here's to your horses good health! Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year...2018

Happy New Year! I really hate the idea of  New Year's Resolutions because they are meant to be broken. So I have decided to make a declaration of what I want to project going into the new year. This year its all about "Making a Difference." I think that is something we can all succeed at. We all can make a difference in the world by making a difference in how we look at things. How we  approach people, problems, stress, etc.. So I am determined to make a difference this year by starting with myself. I am going to start putting a bigger emphasis on what makes me happy. I am going to ride my own horses more, go to more horse shows and competitions, and do things that make me happy, like hanging with my friends and going to the movies. I am going to make a difference in my horses lives by spending more quality time with them. Groom them more thoroughly, trail ride more, just sit and be with them. I am going to make a difference with my students by putting mo

A Tribute to Good Sportsmanship

I was watching the 2008 Summer Olympiccs and was cheering on swimmer Dara Torres. She had been getting a lot of notice because at the time she was 41 years old, had just had a child, and was in her 5th Olympics. I was a big fan of her guts, determination and just great attitude. I was rooting for her! Before the race the commentators were talking about the chances of each swimmer. The swimmers start coming out of the locker room and Dara goes over to each swimmer and has a quick chat with them. She then heads over and has a chat with the official. Then she goes back to the other swimmers and heads off into the locker room again. The announcers get all excited..."What's going on?" "Why is she talking to everyone?" "Where did she go?" She comes back out and finishes getting her stuff together, or whatever swimmers do to prepare to race. A short time later another swimmer comes out of the dressing room. They all procede to the starting blocks and of

Quiet Fourth of July

One of my parents came to me shortly after the fourth of July and confessed she had “tried” to have a quiet Fourth of July holiday. They are the proud owners of a large hound dog. And when I say large, I mean large, with a howling bark that could wake the dead. Whenever I go over there to teach, the dogs starts bellowing until I go over and say hello. Then he’ll let me teach my lesson in reasonable silence. Blue is a great dog with a an even better set of lungs.             Kathy, the mom, being ex military runs her home like a well run machine. She marches her petite 5’2”  frame through life, keeping her two daughters and husband in line and on schedule.             With the 4 th of July coming up, she wisely went to her local vet to get some acepromazine, a mild animal sedative for Blue. She figured it would keep the dog from getting stressed out during the fireworks and keep the neighbors happy as well.             The 4 th finally arrives and in the early evening she